- TALLman lettering
- Unique shapes to differentiate doses in a specific drug family to reduce the potential for drug switch when using multiple drugs or concentrations.
- ASTM Standard for color differentiation.
- DQSA labeling requirements for 503B registrants.
- Expiration date, NDC number, lot number incorporating compounding date in Julian date format (YYDDD) and composite bar code.
- Vertical stripe with drug name and dual circumferential drug name to support drug recognition during administration.